Pre-Treatment & Aftercare Instructions
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 4 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, gingko biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Worst, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDSA have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and selling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from Dermal Filler and botox injections will take approximately 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that period.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, we may be able to place you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good meal, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are nursing or pregnant.
Post Treatment Botox
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following your treatment. Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
Post Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for 24 hours
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Use Tylenol for discomfort
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling